How to Tell if You Need a New Roof
If you are wondering if it’s time to get a new roof, Joe Ward Enterprises, Inc. can provide an inspection to determine the problem and suggest a solution. As your leading roofing contractors in South Florida, our team would be happy to come out to your home or business and assess the state of your roof. Through this consultation, we can better assess whether you need a repair or replacement.
Signs you need a new roof:
- Old Age: Shingle roofs, which make up about 80% of all roofs in the United States, usually last 20 years.If your shingle roof is starting to curl, or peel, it is probably time for a new roof. If you know your roof is old and you are experiencing repeated problems with it, it may be time to invest in a new roofing system. Most importantly, other factors are involved in this decision as well. You may have multiple layers of shingles on your roof. The amount of ventilation you’re receiving might not be enough and is causing your house to be very hot. Or, your previous roofer didn’t do a good job on your roof.
- Condition of Materials: If you are noticing curling or buckling shingles, for example, your roof may be approaching the end of its life — particularly if you have repeated problems where you’ve done so many repairs on your roof and the same thing keeps happening.
- Damaged Flashing: If the flashing around your chimneys, peaks, vents and other roof accessories is damaged in some way, leading to leaks, it may be time for a repair, waterproofing or a whole new roof.
- Finding Granules in the Gutter: Most shingle roofs consist of a mineral granules embedded in either asphalt or fiberglass. When these granules start eroding and washing into your home’s gutters, it means the shingles are losing their cohesion and are primed to fail.
- Dampness in the Attic: If the underside of your roof decking is damp, experiences condensation and drips, or has dark stains, that means water has infiltrated and damaged the roof structure. Quick action may repair some sections, but letting it go too long may required complete roof replacement.
Call for FREE Roofing Quote
Have you experienced any of the above conditions? Don’t hesitate to call the leading roofing contractors in South Florida, for a free, no-obligation estimate at 305-233-6316 in Florida City or 561-741-8919 in Jupiter.