The National Roofing Contractors Association recommends that you should have your roofs inspected at least twice a year. If, upon inspection, a roofer finds that your roof is beyond repair, you should schedule a roof replacement immediately.
Joe Ward Roofing knows how to assess whether you need a new roof. Here are some signs that we look for:
- Damaged Shingles – This includes curling, cracking, and buckling shingles. Years of exposure to the elements can cause these issues. Poor quality or installation can also cause damaged shingles.
- Missing Shingles – Any roofing contractor in Miami will tell you to replace your roof if you have many missing shingles. When this happens, water can penetrate through the system and cause leaks inside your home.
- Lost Shingle Granules – Your shingles have granules that protect them from the sun’s rays, which cause premature deterioration. After years of exposure to the elements, they wash out and collect inside gutters. This can cause your shingles to bake under the intense heat, damaging the structure underneath.
- Holes in the Attic – Small animals can make their way onto your roofs and create holes for nesting grounds. Nearby tree branches also cause punctures on your roofing material.
- Missing Flashing – Roofing contractors in Miami install flashing around vents, skylights, and chimneys to keep water from entering the gaps. If it deteriorates, it can cause moisture-related issues in your home.
- Old Roofing – Roofing materials differ when it comes to life spans. Asphalt shingle roofing, for example, lasts 20 or more years before they will need replacement. Old roofs may look good on the outside, but they can experience hidden damage through the years.
If you see any of these signs on your roof, call one of the trusted roofing companies in Miami like Joe Ward Roofing to replace the system. We specialize in shingle, metal, tile, and flat roofing replacement. Also, we will conduct a thorough inspection of your system to look for hidden and visible damage. We will then assess the necessary repairs or replacement.
To learn more about roof replacement, schedule a consultation with us today. You can call us at (305) 233-6316 or (561) 741-8919. You can also reach us through our contact form.